Are you new to email marketing? Do you want to learn more about it? Then, you have come to the right place. This post shares the top 15 essential facts about the importance of email marketing. You will be surprised to know just how important email marketing is. Since we live in a digital age, our habits have changed completely. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start the list.
- Close to half the global population is predicted to use email by the end of 2020. We all requite an email for just about everything, from creating a social media account to making an online purchase. It is almost impossible to make the most of the internet without having an email account.
- There will be about 3 billion email users worldwide by 2020. Thus, there is a huge opportunity for marketers to target more users than ever before.
- Email marketing is 40 times as effective as Twitter and Facebook combined. Emails are a lot more effective than other marketing channels. More and more businesses have realized just how beneficial it is to target their desired audience using email marketing.
- For every dollar spent, email marketing offers an average ROI of $38. Email marketing offers one of the highest ROIs. It is integral to the success of the business.
- Over 59% of marketers believe that email is the sole source of their ROI.
- Smartphones contribute to around 50% of email open rate. As more people use a smartphone, the email open rate is only likely to increase.
- As much as 38% of consumers purchase a product after they have read about it or seen it in a marketing email. It was observed that the conversion rate for mobile email is close to 70%.
- Emails which display poorly on a smartphone are more likely to be deleted within 3 seconds as compared to emails that have been properly crafted to fit a smartphone’s screen.
- Around 69% of email recipients consider an email as spam just based on a poor subject line.
- Spam emails end up costing businesses close to $20.5 billion a year. Hence, businesses need to make sure that their emails do not come off as a spam.
- Welcome emails are extremely effective as they help generate as much as 320% more returns for the company as compared to any other type of email. It all comes down to initiative.
- Segmented email campaigns report a click-through rate of more than 100.95%.
- Click-through rates can increase by around 300% by simply adding videos to the email. Humans are visual creatures and they are more drawn to visuals than words.
- A conversion rate of 4.64% is accomplished by abandoned cart emails.
- A click-through rate of 10.39% is generated by automated emails.
Once you have gone over this post, you will come to realize just how useful email marketing is. Each fact provides great insight to marketers.