Google is the most popular search engine in the world. It is used by just about everyone. There is just so much that professional search engine optimization (SEO) can do for you. The fact is that potential customers want to know what real people have to say about your business. If the reviews have been left many years ago, negative reviews discourage potential customers from taking an interest in your business. This is why you need a customer review management strategy to deal with negative reviews.
Is There Anything You Can Do About Bad Google Reviews?
The good news is that businesses can delete negative Google reviews. To help you get rid of such reviews, we share the best steps you can take. Here is how you can clean up your online reputation on Google in no time.
Remove Inappropriate Google Reviews
Some people are only interested in watching the world burn. They are the same people who leave behind inappropriate, negative, or fake reviews of all types of businesses on Google. A great thing about Google is that it allows you to remove such content once and for all. Google reviews do not have any of the following types of content and you can request Google to have it removed.
• Spam and fake content
• Restricted content
• Conflict of interest
• Offensive content
• Derogatory and dangerous content
• Sexually explicit content
• Terrorist content
• Illegal content
How You Can Remove Bad Google Reviews?
The first thing that you need to do is check Google policy to be 100% certain about the material being considered inappropriate. You need to flag the review of your account. Here is how you can request an inappropriate review.
• Login to your Google My Business account
• Open up the listing you are managing and select Reviews
• Next, click More > Flag as Inappropriate
Tablet or Phone
• Open up My Business app
• Select Customers and tap Reviews
• Finally, tap More > Flag review
• Open up Google Maps on your desktop.
• Head over to the business listing and locate the review you need to remove.
• Select More > Flag as Inappropriate
You just need to be patient as the Google content review team will take a few days to review each flagged item.
Ask a Customer to Delete or Edit Negative Google Reviews about Your Business
Responding to bad reviews takes some learning. It is beneficial to have negative reviews removed by Google. You will get to convert potential customers. Here is what you need to do to make the most of the situation.
• Consider the customer’s perspective.
• Find out what the customer is complaining about and how you can make things right.
• Assessed that the review is not inappropriate or fake, you need to write a response to the customer.
• If the customer is satisfied, he or she will edit his comment and let others know about your dedication.