As promised this week we will be writing about what to use a QR code for. First here is a list of things you can create a QR Code for:
- Website Addresses
- YouTube Videos
- Google Maps Locations
- Twitter Accounts
- Facebook Accounts
- LinkedIn Accounts
- FourSquare Accounts
- App Store Downloads
- iTunes Links
- Plain Text
- Telephone Numbers
- Skype Calls
- Text Messages
- Email Addresses
- Email Messages
- Contact Details
- Event Calendars
- PayPal Buy Now Links
- and more
I bet just reading this list gave you ideas on what to use it for, but here are some more examples:
- You can simply put the QR Code on your business card so people can quickly link to your website by scanning it.
- You can put the entire business card information on the QR Code so once it’s scanned all the information could be stored in the other persons phone or address book.
- You can create a flyer and tell your customers to “Like” your Facebook page in order to receive a discount coupon. When they scan the code, it takes them to a Facebook “Like” button and once they liked your site they are directed to the downloadable coupon.
- Let’s say you are selling wine. You can put a QR code on the bottle to download a free romantic song from iTunes to enhance their night out as a bonus while you are also promoting the local startup band.
- You can put instructional videos, video testimonials, product benefit videos on your product to further enlighten your customers about your product.
- Another idea is to link your customers to a page where they can enter your monthly drawing by signing up for your mailing list with their name and email address.
- If you are selling let’s say vitamins you can put a QR Code on your labels so your customers can download product information, ingredients, benefits and even testimonials.
There are hundreds of other things you can do with QR Codes. These are just a few examples to give you something to think with. If you need help setting up your QR Code campaign or setting up your new landing page or website give us a call.