So, you are about to get a new website or redesign your old one. Here are the most important things that should be present on your new site. Some of them are simple but very important.
1. Create a Home Page that is called “Home”. It makes customers feel at home when they know no matter what they are looking at on your site they can always return to “Home”.
2. Create a Contact Page so when they are ready for your services or if they have any questions they can find you. It’s a good idea to put the contact page close to the top right corner. Think of all those times you were trying to call your bank or your utility service and had to go through 15 pages just to find a phone number somewhere in the footer with grey color. Very annoying.
3. Set up a Newsletter Form. You might not be ready to send out weekly newsletters at the moment, but when you are it’s so nice to have a mailing list to send your communication to. A mailing list is worth thousands of dollars in potential sales. Think of all email addresses as potential customers or referral partners.
4. Have Social Bookmarks on your website. This is an easy way to have your customers promote your services, products, and thoughts. If I find an article very interesting or funny I usually share it with my friends, associates, family, etc. Its great when I don’t have to copy and paste the link but can email it directly from the website. And if it is interesting I just hit “Like” or “Share” and make it visible on my wall in Facebook and Twitter followers. Its kind of like word-of-mouth marketing but in reality, you could call it click-of-finger marketing.
5. Create a blog for your website. This is the easiest way to create new content every week, or more then once a week. If that seems too much at first just start writing once a month. Anything is better than no new content on your website. Blog!
6. Have a Call to Action on your website. Tell your clients what you want them to do! Do you want them to buy your product or service, try your free sample, read your blog, sign up for your newsletter? Give them an offer they can’t refuse and in the process get their email address so you can stay in touch with them.
7. And finally, describe your services and products. Tell them what you have that they want and how they can attain it.