Online reputation matters. It is not something that should be taken lightly. If you receive a negative Google review, you do not need to panic. Instead, you simply need to know what to do about it. The truth is that things are quite the opposite. A negative review provides an opportunity for your business to prove its integrity. In fact, perfect online reviews raise a red flag among many. It simply makes the reviews appear fake.
The way you respond to negative reviews defines whether your business will succeed in the modern world or not. By writing a thought-out response, you get to turn bad reviews into opportunities. You can show your customers that you truly care about them through your response. It will help make the business relatable and add a human touch to it. Bad reviews should never be avoided as they exist and would continue to affect your business. However, you should not engage with anyone when hurt or feeling angry. When you come across a negative review, you should take the following actions.
- Step away from the keyboard until you no longer feel annoyed. Only when you have cooled off should you proceed.
- You need to do some research after you have calmed down and feel that you can review the negative feedback objectively.
- Once you have determined whether the review is actually from a dissatisfied customer, you can start crafting the response.
4 Steps for Responding to Negative Reviews
1. Personalize the Response
The first thing that you need to do is personalize the response. Instead of addressing the unsatisfied customer as just “customer”, you should use their first name. It will help you establish a personal relationship with them.
2. Thank the Customer
No matter how dissatisfied the customer might seem, you have to thank the customer for providing their feedback. It is always important to be grateful to your customer. It will help shed a positive light on your company. Here is how you can thank customers.
- Thank you for sharing an honest review.
- Grateful to you for engaging us concerning the matter.
- Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.
3. Apologize and Offer a Solution
Next, you will need to apologize to the customer even if the company might not be at fault. But, the average person would not rust the business which is why you will need to go out of your way to offer a solution. It could be an explanation and a replacement product or something similar.
4. Offer the Option to Address the Problem Offline
Finally, you can also offer the unsatisfied customer the option to address the problem offline. It should be mentioned in the final closing.
After you have gone over our post, you will have no trouble responding to a 1-star Google review. Take advantage of our tips to improve your online reputation in no time.