With more and more ecommerce websites popping up, it is important that you create the perfect ecommerce website to stand out. When it comes to developing an ecommerce website, there are many things that you need to take into account. However, a quality user experience is something that you simply cannot compromise on.
This is where website design comes into place. Since first impression matters, here is a list of things that you need to consider.
- A decent logo.
- A website that works on every device and browser.
- Promotional graphics and relevant links.
- Links to the popular products.
- CTAs to direct visitors to take the desired action.
- A search field to help visitors find everything they want.
- Options such as specials, free shipping, and promotion must be displayed.
- A section dedicated to the latest company and industry news.
- Language options if catering to a global audience.
- Direct display of popular products and recent purchases.
The homepage is the most visited page of every website. This is why you need to make sure that it is perfectly designed and has relevant CTAs. You will also need to include links to help visitors find information about your shipping policy and encourage them to contact customer support. Make sure to include purposeful content to keep visitors satisfied.
About Us Page
The next webpage that you must create is the About Us Page. It will provide an introduction to your company and its values. Let your visitors know the mission, vision, and purpose of your company on this page. It provides you with the perfect opportunity to make a good impression.
Contact Us Page
To ensure that your customers are able to seek the support they need, you need to create a Contact Us page. It will offer detailed customer support and include a contact form, email address, and phone number for reaching out to you.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Page
Since customers have plenty of questions, you need to create an FAQ page to respond to the questions that most of them are likely to have such as about your payment options, shipping details, discounts, refunds, and more.
Terms of Service
The Terms of Service page is incredibly important. You must reach out to a lawyer to ensure that you cover all the legal aspects of the store.
E-commerce Product Pages
No e-commerce website is complete without Product Pages. You must consider the following when designing them.
- Minimal design that ensures easy surfing.
- Removal of broken links and removing empty product pages.
- Security reminders for safe transactions.
- Option to sign up.
- Checkout box.
Lastly, you also need content pages. This is where a blog comes into place. It allows you to share tutorials, events, articles, industry updates, features about your products, and just about everything.